Salmon tea sandwiches are a wonderful tea party snack that may be used to contrast the numerous sweets that are served. When combined with sweet treats like tea cakes, cookies, and pastries, the salty and savoury flavour of salmon awakens the taste buds and creates a sense of harmony.
- Smoked salmon spread
- 4 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 ounces smoked salmon, minced
- 2 teaspoon chives, chopped
- 1 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 8 slices pumpernickel bread
- 2 ounces smoked salmon, thinly sliced
- First, prepare the smoked salmon spread. In a food processor, blend the cream cheese, smoked salmon, chives, and horseradish for about 30 seconds or until well mixed.
- Evenly coat each of each pumpernickel bread slices with the smoked salmon spread.
- Layer the smoked salmon slices onto half of the bread slices and close the sandwiches with the remaining slices of bread.
- Remove the crusts and cut into either finger or triangle tea sandwiches.
Yields 12 finger or 16 triangle salmon tea sandwiches.