This is the best strawberry cheese cake recipe. It is a light and airy cheesecake – not overly sugary and the strawberries are the highlight in this smooth and delicious no-bake strawberry cheesecake recipe.
It has a naturally occurring, eye-catching pink hue due to the liquids that are extracted from the strawberries. There is no need to use any artificial food coloring!
This cheesecake is perfect for a pretty afternoon tea party, since it is really simple to prepare. It would be the ideal dessert to serve at a tea party with a strawberry theme, or serve at your Christmas Tea Party.
For the Strawberry Cheesecake filling:
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened (the rectangular firm ones, not the spreadable version)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup excellent quality strawberry jam
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 cup whipping cream/heavy cream
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
For the Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
- 7-8 Tablespoons melted unsalted butter
Homemade Graham Cracker crust
Line 9-inch spring form cake pan with baking paper. This will help the cheesecake look prettier when you take it out of the cake pan.
Mix together the Graham Cracker crumbs and unsalted butter.
Press Graham Cracker mixture into your cake pan. Use your fingers or a spoon to press some of the mixture against the side of your cake pan if you like.
Just refrigerate for 30 minutes until the butter hardens and the crust is ready to use. How easy is that!
Strawberry Cheesecake Filling
- Combine the softened cream cheese, the granulated sugar, strawberry jam and the vanilla in a medium sized bowl. Mix until the ingredients are well blended.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream/whipped cream with the powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream mixture into the cream cheese mixture.
- Spoon two thirds of the whipped cream and creamed cheese mixture into the Graham Cracker crust.
- Then place one cup thinly sliced strawberries evenly over the mixture.
- Cover the layer of sliced strawberries with the rest of the creamed cheese mixture.
- Refrigerate the cake for at least 6 or more hours before serving because the filling mixture must be chilled to achieve the desired consistency. Otherwise it will not hold its shape.
- Garnish with the remaining cup of sliced strawberries right before serving.
- To make this best recipe for Strawberry Cheesecake, make sure you use the best strawberry jam you can find to mix in with the cheesecake filling.
- You really do need 6 hours to set the cake. Overnight is best. Otherwise, to help it firm up more quickly, you can also add 1 teaspoon of gelatin to one Tablespoon of warm water and add this to the strawberry jam before mixing it in with the cream cheese.
- You can always use a ready made Graham Cracker pie crust, but the taste will not be quite as good.
- If Strawberries are not in season, you can make a delicious homemade strawberry topping by mixing 2 cups of frozen strawberries with 4 Tablespoons of sugar and gently boiling this to reduce the water content and thicken it up. It is best to serve this topping in a bowl next to the strawberry cheesecake and let the guests spoon it over the cake themselves.