At your next tea party, these vegetarian cream cheese pizzas will make an excellent savoury snack to present to guests. Prepare these in advance and keep them in the refrigerator until your visitors come. The pizza bits should then be arranged in an attractive manner on a dish; there is no need to cook them. They are tasty even when served at room temperature, which makes life simpler for whomever is hosting the party. Make careful not to leave them out for an excessive amount of time. In the event that you want to have a leisurely afternoon or evening, you should only put out enough food to last for about an hour and then replenish people’s plates as necessary.
- 2 (8 oz) packages crescent rolls
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/8 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1 large cucumber
- ½ head of broccoli, finely chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 325° F.
- Roll out the crescent rolls flat on a cookie sheet. Do not separate it into triangles but leave in large rectangular shape. Press the dough together along the perforations to keep it from falling apart later.
- Bake the crescent roll dough for 10 minutes in the preheated oven or until it is golden brown. Remove the dough and let cool completely. If the dough is still warm, the cream cheese will melt and create a mess in the next step.
- Mix the softened cream cheese together with the onion and spread it on the cooled crescent roll dough. Add the rest of the chopped vegetables including broccoli, cauliflower, and red pepper on top of the cream cheese. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over the pizza.
- Cut the pizza into square bite size servings. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Yields approximately 64 two-inch square veggie cream cheese pizza bites.