A recipe for matcha and white chocolate chip cookies, with a beautiful green color and a subtle taste of green tea. They make a great addition to any afternoon tea table or your Christmas Tea Party.
- 150 g (1 cup plus 2 tablespoons) flour
- 1/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 2 teaspoons of Matcha green tea powder
- 110g (1/2 cup) butter at room temperature
- 100g (1/2 cup) granulated sugar
- 100g (1/2 cup) brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 150 g of white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
- First, combine the flour, matcha and baking soda in a bowl.
- Then, in another bowl beat butter and the two sugars until light and creamy.
- Add the salt, vanilla and eggs and beat for one minute until everything is just combined.
- Add the flour and beat until well incorporated.
- Finally, add the white chocolate chips (or you can chop up a bar of your favorite white chocolate).
- Cool dough in fridge for 2 hours if you want a more chewy cookie.
- Place a sheet of baking paper on a baking sheet. With a spoon, arrange the cookie dough balls in rows about 3 centimeters apart.
- Bake, 8 to 10 minutes, until the cookies turn a golden color around the edges, but are still light in the center. Remove from the oven and let cool for 2 minutes. Transfer the cookies to a plate and let cool completely.
- You can keep cookies in an airtight box for about a week.
Tips for the perfect Matcha White Chocolate Cookie
Always, always, always, use the best Matcha you can buy and make sure it is fresh. Don’t think you can use up your old Matcha in this cookie recipe and get a good result. The taste and color will not be the same.
You can substitute rice malt syrup for your white sugar (1/2 cup for 1/2 cup) to lower the level of fructose, but your cookie will be flatter and less crisp.
What to drink with your Matcha White Chocolate Cookie
Tea, of course. You can drink any kind of tea with these cookies, but try to avoid teas with strong flavors such as Chai tea or strong herbal teas. I recommend a nice organic white tea if you would like to serve your tea with milk. You can also drink milk or almond milk with these cookies.